Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting Kids to Make rather than Consume




This weekend, I had the privilege of being involved in the crafts part of our monthly Alliance Francaise playgroup. I brought a whole arsenal of crafts to try to interest the kids: paper bag puppets, paper plate masks, stained glass fish etc. etc. There were two children who participated (not including my own child, but that's another matter). One boy, instead of making a puppet out of the paper bag, made a tie! I thought that was so ingenious of him, not to mention uber-creative. His sister made a paper plate mask, but made a tiger with yarn whiskers. Really cool! Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of the finished products. These kids are way too fast for me. They were finished and left all before I could notice they were gone! Here of some pictures of the process and my own creations.


paper plate mask, in progress
stained glass fish, in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment